It's always hard to get back into the swing of things after a brief stint of binge eating and drinking. We are all about working hard and playing harder, but don't ever let "having fun" derail you from your goals. Here are a few tips to get you back on track after a few days of living it up.
- REHYDRATE-Have you ever noticed an insatiable thirst after a night of drinking? That's because alcohol is dehydrating to the body. It's essential to drink plenty of water to flush out the alcohol in your body and replenish your water supply. Pro tip-Be sure to moisturize your hair, skin, and nails as well! Drinking can literally suck the life out your skin. Moisturize!
- SWEAT-Chances are you have over done it on the calories. Use the excess energy to fuel your workouts for the next few days. Train a little harder and longer than you normally do. Lift heavier. Run an extra mile or two. Whatever your workout of choice is, up the intensity to burn off the burgers and fries.
- CLEAN UP YOUR DIET-This one is a bit obvious. The longer you eat crap, the harder it is for you to get back in your routine. Plan out a few basic healthy meal options that you can eat to aid in your recovery phase. Incorporate protein, lots of veggies, and cut the carbs to a moderately low level for the next few days.
- GINGER-Overindulgence often causes stomach aches and bloating. Skip the over the counter drugs and opt for some natural remedies. Ginger is full of antioxidants, acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, and it helps moves things along the digestive tract. Natural ginger can be a bit difficult to eat so we suggest ginger tea.
- MEDITATE-No need to be sad that summer is ending or that you have to get back to the work grind. Get excited! Take a few mins to remind yourself what your goals are and how you are going to accomplish them. Mindset is everything. Having a healthy and positive mind is the first step to achieving long-lasting physical wellness.